by Robin Aylor
- 10-12 Plum tomatoes
- 4 cups V-8 juice or water
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch of scallions (green onions) minced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Blue Agave Sweetener
- 3-4 Avocados, peeled and seeds removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of Tabasco
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- 1 jalapeño (optional) seeded and finely diced
Remove the skins from the tomatoes. The easiest way to do this is to submerge the tomatoes for 10-20 seconds in a pot of boiling water, and then cool the tomatoes in cool water. This should allow you to easily remove the skins without destroying any of the pulp.
Place two cup of water or V8 juice in the blender or food processor.
Dice each tomato and add to the V-8 juice. Add a few at a time and add additional V-8 juice as mixture thickens.
Add scallions, garlic (if desired) to mixture and pulse to combine.
Add green pepper, jalapeño (if desired) and cilantro and pulse some more.
Add olive oil, lemon, blue agave, and pulse some more.
Add the avocados to the mixture and pulse to combine. The avocados are a fat and will serve to emulsify and stabilize the mixture and will give it a creamy texture
Add salt, pepper & Tabasco to taste.
If the mixture seems too thick you can always add additional V-8 or water to thin to your desired texture.