Evan's Mom's Chicken Soup
- 2 chicken breasts (boned and skinned)
- olive oil
- 1 onion
- 4 carrots, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 stalks of celery (leaves included), chopped in 1/2" pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 container low sodium chicken broth
- one package of pasta (cooked separately)
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until transparent.
Add chicken and brown lightly.
Add carrots, celery, broth and bay leaves.
Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat and continue simmering for 30 minutes.
Dice or shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
Remove bay leaves from soup.
Separately cook pasta of your choice in a separate pan. When pasta is al dente, add a serving of cooked pasta to a bowl, top with chicken soup mixture and sprinkle with hefty spoonful of parmesan to the top.