by Mike Levine (& modified by Robin Aylor)
- 6 cups cubed, peeled pumpkin
- 1 large (2 small) onions, diced
- Approximately 1 pound of cooked ham, cubed.
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- dollop of butter (approximately 2 Tbsp, but if you like "dollop" better, go with that!)
- Squirt of olive oil (approximately 2 Tbsp.)
- Chicken (or vegetable) stock to fill about 1/3 to 1/2 of the pot
- Black pepper
- salt (to taste)
In pot, sauté onion in olive oil and butter until tender and beginning to become transparent.
Add pumpkin and ham and sauté approximately 5-10 minutes, just long enough that Ham is beginning to caramelize and render fat.
Add stock and bring to a boil.
When the stock begins to boil add the frozen corn and reduce heat. Simmer for approximately 20-30 minutes or until the pumpkin is easily pierced with a fork. Season to taste.