- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup diced red and green peppers
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 cup parboiled rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 Tbsp saffron
- 6 blue crabs, cleaned and halved
- 1 pound shrimp, pee;ed and de-veined
- 12 clams
- 12 mussels
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large pan on stovetop.
Add chicken breast to the oil, and saute to golden brown
Leave chicken in pan and add onions, garlic, peppers and celery.
Saute mixture for 2 minutes.
Add rice, chicken stock and saffron. Bring to boil.
Finally, add the blue crabs, shrimp, clam, mussels, sausage, salt and pepper.
Cover paella and lower heat.
Let simmer for 20-25 minutes,